Library Relocations and Collection Shifts
By Dennis Tucker
In Library Relocations and Collection Shifts, author, librarian, and move director Dennis C. Tucker explains how to develop an appropriate moving plan for a library of any type or size. A thorough revision of his classic, From Here to There: Moving a Library, the book provides coverage of all these topics and more:
- Appointing a move director and committee
- Moving methods and strategies
- Customizing a moving plan for your library
- Planning and coordinating the move
- Handling books and periodicals
- Cleaning, fumigation, and deacidification
- Working with professional movers
- Communicating with staff and the public
You'll also find information on using spreadsheets to shift periodical collections, a sample moving contract, a directory of useful resources, and suggestions for further reading.
If your library is planning to move all or part of its collection, whether into a new facility or within the present one, Library Relocations and Collection Shifts is guaranteed to save time and reduce frustration.